If you have additional questions regarding safety guidelines for your vehicle, please consult the NHRA Rulebook which can be found online. If you cannot locate an answer, please contact the track directly.
GENERAL RACER INFORMATION 1. ALL RACERS MUST HAVE LONG PANTS AND A SHIRT WITH SLEEVES. SHORTS, TANK TOPS AND CUTOFFS ARE NOT PERMITTED. NO SANDALS OR FLIP FLOPS WHILE RACING
2. ALL CARS MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH A WORKING SEATBELT.
3. ANY CAR RUNNING FASTER THAN 13.99, MUST HAVE AN SFI APPROVED HELMET.
4. ANY CAR RUNNING FASTER THAN 11.49 MUST HAVE A ROLL BAR, 5 POINT HARNESS, AND A FIRE JACKET.
5. ANY CAR RUNNING FASTER THAN 9.99, MUST HAVE CERTIFIED ROLL CAGE, FULL FIRE SUIT AND WINDOW NET.
6. ALL CARS MUST HAVE FRONT & REAR WINDOWS AND, IF EQUIPPED WITH A CARBURETOR, A HOOD OR AIR CLEANER.
7. OFF-ROAD STYLE TIRES ARE NOT PERMITTED.
8. CONVERTIBLES MUST HAVE ROOF CLOSED AND USE A HELMET. ROLL BAR MAY ALSO BE REQUIRED.
9. MOTORCYCLE RIDERS MUST HAVE A FULL FACE HELMET, LEATHER/KEVLAR JACKET, GLOVES, LONG PANTS, & OVER THE ANKLE SHOES
10. MOTORCYCLES RUNNING FASTER THAN 135 mph, MUST HAVE FULL LEATHERS 11. NEW FOR 2019 - ALL VEHICLES 2008 & NEWER (STILL EQUIPPED WITH FACTORY AIRBAGS, SEATS, AND SEATBELTS) CAN RUN UP TO 9.99 WITHOUT THE ADDITION OF A ROLLBAR OR 5-POINT RESTRAINTS. HELMET, FIRE JACKET, PANTS ARE STILL REQUIRED.
GENERAL ATTENDANCE INFORMATION
1. NO GLASS BOTTLES ARE PERMITTED
2. FOR MOST EVENTS, COOLERS ARE PERMITTED (ALCOHOL OK). PLEASE SEE INDIVIDUAL FLYERS FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION
3. PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL PETS ARE ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES
4. JOY-RIDING OF ATVS, GOLF CARTS, SCOOTERS, AND BICYCLES IN NOT PERMITTED.
5. NO MOTORIZED VEHICLE MAY BE OPERATED BY KIDS UNDER 16. 6. NO PERSON UNDER 18 IS PERMITTED IN A RESTRICTED AREA ET RACING RULES
**MIN & MAX DIAL-INS** Super Pro/Box Shootout- 8.49 & Faster Footbrake/No Box Shootout - 12.99 & Faster Sportsman - 12.00 - 19.99 Motorcycle - 6.00 - 14.99 Jr. Street - 9.00 & Slower
PAYOUT IN SUPER PRO, FOOTBRAKE, SPORTSMAN, JR DRAGSTER & JR STREET GUARANTEED
BOX SHOOTOUT PURSE BASED ON 28 CAR MINIMUM
NO BOX PURSE BASED ON 16 CAR MINIMUM
MOTORCYCLE PURSE BASED ON 8 BIKE MINIMUM
1. Enrollment for the 2022 Summit ET Points Series is done at the pit gate. All forms and payments must be completed prior to any points being awarded.
2. All drivers must have an NHRA competition number or a Thunder Valley permanent number to earn points and use that number at each event.
3. All numbers and dial-ins must be clearly visible on the driver's side of the car. Dial-ins are the responsibility of each racer. Staging indicates acceptance of posted dial.
4. Points will be awarded at all Summit ET events scheduled.
5. No driver may compete twice in the same eliminator unless otherwise noted.
6. Points will be awarded to drivers, not to cars, and cannot be transferred to other drivers/classes.
7. The 2021 points season will begin 3/10/21 and will end 10/28/21. Summit ET Finals points to run for the Thunder Valley Bracket Finals team will end (9/8/21).
8. The Top 60 Overall points holders (excluding Quick Eliminators) will be eligible to run for Thunder Valley at the Summit ET Finals. Drivers may earn up to two places on the Bracket Finals team, but may not run the same car more than once at the Bracket Finals.
9. Super Pro and Footbrake Race of Champions representatives for the Summit ET Finals will be determined by the class points leaders following the Summit ET Race held 9/8/2021.
10. The points champion in Super Pro, Footbrake, Sportsman, and all Quick Eliminators will receive a 2021 Thunder Valley Gold Card, as well as a Champion's jacket. The class runners-up will receive a plaque. Gold Cards are non-transferable and will only be valid for face value of class earned.
11. 2021 Thunder Valley Points will be awarded as follows in all classes:
A. 10 Points for each round
B. 2 points for winning eliminator
C. 1 point for runner up in eliminator
12. The cost to earn points for Super Pro, Footbrake, and Sportsman is $25. There is no charge to earn points in any Quick Eliminator.
13. Following 1st round of each TVRP Summit ET Series event, buybacks will be available in S/Pro, Footbrake, MC, Jr. Street and Sportsman. Drivers who buy back will not earn points for 2nd round, but will begin earning points again entering 3rd round.
14. Shootouts are run as "All Run" classes. First round bye-runs are random card draw and then will go to best winning reaction time starting with R2.
15. All eliminators will be given a maximum of two time trials. Every effort will be made to provide late arrivals a minimum of one time trial.
16. No delay boxes, throttle stops, or two steps are permitted in Footbrake or Sportsman. Transbrakes are permitted for reverse purposes only and are prohibited from being used for any other purpose in those classes. No car may be equipped with more than one line lock. Delay boxes must be removed or unhooked. In Quick No Box, transbrakes, and two-steps are permitted.
17. Footbrake cars may run an electric/hydraulic/air shifter. Any car using nitrous oxide in N/E must use a manual delivery system (ie. push button). No electronic devices may be used to control the flow of nitrous to the car.
18. Pairings for eliminations will be determined using the card system in all classes. The first card pulled will race in the right lane, and the second card will run the left lane.
19. Bye-runs will be chosen a random drawing first round. Subsequent rounds will be determined by best winning reaction time. Ties will be broken by best package. No racer shall receive more than one bye-run in each class unless all competitors have already received a bye-run. Competition bye-runs do not count. Bye-runs DO NOT carryover.
20. Courtesy staging is mandatory in all classes. If a driver stages before both cars have pre-staged, he/she will be backed up and given another opportunity. If he/she fails to courtesy stage on the 2nd attempt, they are disqualified.
21. The AutoStart system will be used in all classes. You will have a maximum of 10 seconds to stage after three bulbs are lit.
22. No deep staging is allowed.
23. No driver may change vehicles after first round of competition.
24. Making contact with the wall or crossing the center stripe is an automatic disqualification.
25. All dial-ins must clearly visible on the driver's side of the vehicle before crossing the commitment line. Any racer caught changing a dial-in past this point may be disqualified.
26. It is the racer's responsibility to check his or her dial-in prior to staging. Once both cars have staged, no race will be re-run due to an incorrect dial-in.
27. Intermediate times are provided as a courtesy to the racer and no race will be re-run over disputed intermediate times.
28. All cars must have at least one working tail light.
29. In the event a racer cannot start their car after being paired, the racer will have 60 seconds to fire their car, once the pair in front of him/her has crossed the finish line. After 60 seconds, the competition will be given a bye-run. If a driver indicates to the starter that they have broken, they will NOT be allowed to compete in that round.
30. All NHRA safety and technical rules are in effect at all times. Any driver or car found to be in violation of these rules may be disqualified at any point during an event.
31. Thunder Valley Race Director has final discretion on all rules, procedures, and safety guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE - AS OF 8/6/2015 - THE MSD ARC CONTROL MODULE 7761 IS PROHIBITED
As stated by the NHRA Rulebook, the use of any down-track RPM control devices or timers is prohibited.
**RULE/PROCEDURE AMENDMENTS IN EFFECT AS OF 2018**
-Quick classes will now be known as SHOOTOUTS and will no longer be qualified or have pairings based on ET - 1st round of Shootouts will begin after 2nd round of S/P, F/B and Sportsman
PIRO INDEX SERIES RULES ALL CLASSES USE AUTOSTART WITH 7 SECOND TIMEOUT ALL RACERS MUST WIN ONE ROUND TO EARN MONEY
ALL CLASSES ARE BASED ON AN 8-CAR MINIMUM FOR FULL PAYOUT (WILL BE PRORATED WITH LESS THAN 8) 4.50 INDEX 1. NO REAR ENGINE DRAGSTERS 2. NO WEIGHT OR COMBINATION RESTRICTIONS 3. PAIED USING THE CARD SYSTEM WITH LANE CHOICE TO LOWER QUALIFIED CAR 4. RACER MUST STAGE & TAKE TREE UNDER OWN POWER TO QUALIFY STOCK BLOCK 1. PLEASE CONTACT STOCK BLOCK 8.2 ON FACEBOOK FOR RULES TOP SPORTSMAN 1. MUST BE DOORSLAMMER OR ROADSTER (NO ALTEREDS OR DRAGSTERS) 2. NO WEIGHT OR COMBINATION RESTRICTIONS 3. RUN ON A 5.00 INDEX - PRO TREE 4. RANDOM DRAW IN LANES - LANE CHOICE TO LOW QUALIFIER 5. BYE RUNS AFTER FIRST ROUND AWARDED TO BEST REACTION 5.50 - 6.00 - 7.00 INDEX 1. MUST BE DOORSLAMMERS OR ROADSTER 2. 1/8 MILE - 5.50 & 6.00 RUN A .400 PRO TREE & 7.00 RUNS .500 PRO TREE 3. NO WEIGHT OR COMBINATION RESTRICTIONS 4. NO ELECTRIC OR PNEUMATIC THROTTLE STOPS (HARD STOPS ONLY) 5. RANDOM DRAW IN LANES - LANE CHOICE TO LOW QUALIFIER 6. BYE RUNS AFTER FIRST ROUND AWARDED TO BEST REACTION
10.50 INDEX 1. MUST BE DOORSLAMMERS OR ROADSTER 2. 1/4 MILE - .400 PRO TREE 3. NO WEIGHT OR COMBINATION RESTRICTIONS 4. NO ELECTRIC OR PNEUMATIC THROTTLE STOPS (HARD STOPS ONLY) 5. RANDOM DRAW IN LANES - LANE CHOICE TO LOW QUALIFIER 6. BYE RUNS AFTER FIRST ROUND AWARDED TO BEST REACTION 12.00 INDEX 1. MUST BE DOORSLAMMER 2. 1/4 MILE - .500 PRO TREE 3. NO TRANSBRAKES OR DELAY BOXES 4. NO ELECTRIC OR PNEUMATIC THROTTLE STOPS (HARD STOPS ONLY) 5. RANDOM DRAW IN LANES - LANE CHOICE TO LOW QUALIFIER 6. BYE RUNS AFTER FIRST ROUND AWARDED TO BEST REACTION OPEN COMP 1. NO REAR ENGINE DRAGSTERS PERMITTED 2. 1/8 MILE - .500 PRO TREE - HANDICAPPED 3. NO DELAY BOXES PERMITTED 4. NO THROTTLE STOPS OF ANY KIND 5. ONE-TENTH WILL BE SUBTRACTED FROM FASTEST QUALIFYING PASS AND BECOME PERSONAL INDEX FOR EACH RACER FOR ENTIRE EVENT 6. RANDOM CARD DRAW IN LANES 7. BYE RUNS AFTER FIRST ROUND AWARDED TO BEST REACTION STREET COMP 1. MUST BE DOORSLAMMER 2. 1/4 MILE - .500 PRO TREE - HANDICAPPED 3. NO TRANSBRAKES OR DELAY BOXES 4. NO THROTTLE STOPS OF ANY KIND 5. 12.25 & SLOWER - QUALIFYING PASSES OF 12.24 OR FASTER WILL BE DQ'D & RACER WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO RUN ELIMINATIONS 6. ONE-TENTH WILL BE SUBTRACTED FROM FASTEST QUALIFYING PASS AND BECOME PERSONAL INDEX FOR EACH RACER 7. RANDOM CARD DRAW IN LANES 8. BYE RUNS AFTER FIRST ROUND AWARDED TO BEST REACTION